Monday, July 16, 2007

T-minus 6

Countdown to takeoff!!!

Well I know it has been a while since I have posted on my Blog, but things have been extremely hectic with the impending move to OZ.

It's oh so exciting, I'm mad busy organising things ready for the moving company who arrive with the container on Thursday, so only two more days to get everything sorted.

It's going well though, the girls room is packed up, which was the biggest thing to do really, as they have tons of toys etc, which are now nicely organised, so that has broken the back of it really.

I slimmed down my wardrobe a while ago, and we have been e-baying like mad for the last few months getting ready. It feels great to have a good old clear out, and it makes you realise how much clutter you accumulate over the years, and we have only been in this house for the last seven, yet have still managed to amass a huge amount of crap.

I left work on Friday, and am now officially unemployed for the first time in my life. It feels really strange.

My work colleagues presented me with some good old aussie beer or shoe tokens, a bottle of Moet and a beautiful silver compact mirror which they had engraved with the Force Crest and a really nice message. It was greatfully received, and we finished my working time there by going out on the slash in Liverpool after work.

It was a totally top night, and it's really strange that it takes leaving, to find out what high esteem people hold you in until you are leaving them. I was overwhelmed by the lovely comments and praise that everyone passed on, and it is quite humbling to find out what people really think of you!! There was a really good team of us out and about, which again makes you realise that you have been appreciated and that you will be missed.

Of course it's sad to leave the good old 'scousers' behind, with their amazingly good humour, honesty, sarcasm and general good banter, especially my little 'Team' who have always worked extremely hard for and with me, and I will miss them all very much.

But onwards and to the other side of the world it is for me and the family on the biggest adventure of our lives.

I've got two interviews lined up already, so that's very encouraging, maybe I won't be unemployed for too long hopefully!!!

The Farewell Crew on the Crawl down Mathew Street!!

No comments: